Always in search of the “perfect” flourless chocolate espresso anything I made this for election night. Sometimes the best remedy for stress is a little bit of chocolate! We thought this turned out well. Really moist and with just the right amount of sweetness to be topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with strawberries. If you end up trying it please come back and let me know how it turned out!
- 8 ounces dark chocolate bars (85% cocoa) chopped
- ½ cup organic grass fed butter
- 8 large organic eggs, separated
- 1-teaspoon vanilla
- 1-cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 teaspoons instant espresso coffee
- 1-cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3-cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment and spray with oil.
- If desired make chocolate shavings and set aside then place the rest in double broiler along with butter melting and stirring well. Set aside.
- Place the egg whites and vanilla in bowl with mixer and blend on high until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In separate bowl mix egg yolks and cane sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix the cocoa; salt, xanthan gum and espresso powder then stir into chocolate mixture.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture and blend until combined.
- Fold egg whites by hand in small portions until incorporated.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least one hour before removing.
- Make topping by adding all ingredients together and blend on high until peaks form.
- Spread over cake, add chocolate shavings if desired and serve with strawberries.